I’ve been testing vegan cheese recipes for a long time. I wanted to get the intense taste of the creamy Velveeta cheese! I tried cashews, chickpea flour, tofu… The result was never amazing. And finally, i opted for soy cream and it’s a success!
It makes awesome grilled chesse! My kids love it as much as me! If you are a Velveeta fan, you will not be disappointed 😉
- 3/4 cup soy cream (Belsoy)
- 1/4 cup nutritionnal yeast
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 tbsp white vinegar blanc
- 1/2 tbsp agar agar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp of garlic powder
- In a small pan, preferably non-stick, put all the ingredients and mix with a whip.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat and stir continuously for 3 minutes.
- Transfer into the ramekin and cover, leaving a small space so that the heat can evaporate.
- Refrigeratere for a minimum of 2 hours.
- If you want to slice it, i suggest you wait a good 4 hours for it to freeze completely. If you want to make grilled cheese, you dont’t have to wait 😉