I could have called this recipe « almond butter », but the taste is quite different from the usual almond butter you can find in stores. The sweet taste reminds me a lot of Marzipan!
When I was little, i remember going to the pastry shop with my parents and always choose the same thing: Some cute marzipan animals! That’s exactly what this delicious spread reminds me of!
- 1 cup roasted blanched almonds (or regular roasted almonds, but the color and taste will be a little different)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil (or any vegetable oil you like)
- 1 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 to 4 tablespoons water, depending on your blender
- In a food processor, reduce the almonds to a fine powder.
- While continuing to blend, gently add the maple syrup, sunflower oil and almond extract.
- Scrape the edges of the mixer and continue to blend for one to two minutes.
- Depending on the texture, add 1 tablespoon of water at a time until the spread is smooth and creamy. You may not need water if your blender is very powerful, or you may need up to 4 spoons of water.
- Keep refrigerated.