Christmas is just around the corner and it’s time for many to prepare their holiday menu! When your vegan, receiving a bunch of people on holidays can seem a little more scary at first. You wish to impress the guests with tasty dishes and show them that vegan food can be amazing.
Holiday classics are bursting with animal products. Meatball stew, meat pies, ham and turkey. Cream and butter in potatoes and desserts, liver pates, cheese platter, Gravy made from chicken fat…
Is it really possible to « veganize » everything? Of course! The guests will be charmed and you will have saved a bunch of animals this year 😉 Here is my festive Christmas menu. You will find all the links for the recipes below.
- Tomato tofu and pesto bites
- Sticky vegan maple meatballs
- Vegan pâté & cheese platter : Since i already have a lot of cooking to do, i will serve store bought pâtés & vegan cheeses. My favorite pâté is the Fontaine santé pâté Traditional. It looks and taste similar to the traditional pâté served on holidays. For the cheeses, i love Zengarry and Vegnature. Served with crackers, bread, nuts, cranberry sauce, grapes & old style mustard.
- No-meat pie
- Mashed potatoes
- Roasted rosemary veggies
- Crispy tofu slices: I will use my chicken-free nuggets recipe, but make some thin slices. It’s a perfect match with the gravy.
- Vegan fudge truffles: I simply take my vegan fudge recipe and add 1/2 cup of dark chocolate to the mix to make a more solide fudge. After about an hour, i take the fudge out of the fridge and roll it in small balls. Then, i roll the balls in shredded coconut or finely chopped nuts.
- Iced gingerbread cookies
- Dark chocolate and pretzels dessert platter