I know, this recipe looks like nothing impressive but if you like or use to like tomatoes with bocconcini cheese, this is the vegan version. It’s simple, quick and delicious.
- 1 package of extra firm tofu, cut in slices (if you can make them round like bocconcini cheese, it’s even better)
- 2 red tomatoes, cut in slices
- 1/3 cup of vegan basil pesto
- Salt & pepper
- Olive oil
- Red onions or radish, thinly sliced
- On a plate, put one tomato slice, one tofu slice & about 2 teaspoons of basil pesto. Repeat.
- Add salt and pepper, a drizzle of olive oil and some red onions or radish slices on top. You could also add a little balsamic vinegar.
That’s it! Hope you enjoy 🙂