These nuggets are amazing in tortillas, burgers or simply dipped in a « Mc Chicken style sauce ». It’s also a lot healthier than commercial products that contains many ingredients and takes only about fifteen minutes to prepare. So go get yourself a block of tofu and be ready to taste the best vegan nuggets out there!
- 1 block of firm tofu (plain or herbs)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened soymilk
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp of Dion poultry Spice (This is the brand i use, but you could opt for another brand)
- 1/2 tsp ground onions
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup Haiku gluten-free panko (It’s important to use gluten-free panko, which does not have the same taste and texture as regular panko, and contains pepper, sugar and coriander.)
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Cut the tofu. For tortillas, i cut my block into 16 strips. For burgers, i make 6 rectangles. Finally, to make nuggets, i torn the tofu into small pieces of about 1 square inch.
- In a bowl, combine soy milk, flour, baking powder, spices and salt.
- In another bowl, put the gluten-free panko.
- Dip the tofu pieces in the liquid mixture so that they are well coated, then roll in the panko.
- In a large skillet, put 2-3 tablespoons of vegetable oil and heat.
- Add the tofu, taking care not to put too much at once, to prevent the pieces from sticking together.
- Grill over medium-high heat until each side is golden brown. Add oil as needed between cooking.
- Serve with the sauce of your choice. For tortillas or burgers, i like to go with the « Mc Chicken style sauce », iceberg lettuce & small yellow onions.