Preparation time: 20 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour (optional)
This macaroni salad is a must at home for picnics and cold summer lunchs. The blend of fresh herbs, colorful vegetables and crispy edamame beans gives this dish a blend of flavors and textures perfect for hot summer days.
Ingredients for the salad
- 6 cups cooked macaroni (or pasta of your choice)
- 1 cucumber, diced
- 1 yellow pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 2 grated carrots (or a large grated carrot)
- 1 cup of frozen edamame beans dipped in water for a few minutes and drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Salt and pepper to taste
Ingredients for the dressing
- 1/4 cup of vegan mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground onions
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh or dried dill
- In a bowl, combine all the ingredients of the dressing with a whisk.
- Add vegetables, herbs and cooked pasta, then mix well.
- You can serve the salad immediately, but it is best to let it sit for an hour in the fridge.