Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
These delicious cookies are an ideal snack for both adults and children. Filled with grains, nuts, dried fruits and chocolate, they provide approximately 5 grams of protein per cookie.
You can easily replace the ingredients with what you have on hand (peanuts, sunflower seeds, dried cranberries …).
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any plant-based milk)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 2 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1/3 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup of vegan dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- In a bowl, whisk coconut oil, peanut butter, brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Add almond milk and whisk again.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and mix well with a spoon.
- On a parchment paper-lined pan, form about 12 patties and press with a wet fork to obtain a thickness of about 1/2 inch.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until the patties are lightly browned.