One of the things I love about summer is rhubarb! I still eat it like when I was a kid, soaked in a little jar of sugar. Not the healthiest option, but it’s so good!
With a coconut and almond crumble, as well as the sweet blend of strawberries and apples, this dessert is simply irresistible.
- 1 pound of strawberries, cut in 4
- 2 red apples, diced (Cortland are the best for texture)
- 2 stems of rhubarb, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/3 cup of cane sugar
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/3 cup sliced almonds
- 1/3 cup unsweetened grated coconut
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup of vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Put the fruits in a bowl. You can peel the apples if you want, but i usually leave the skin it if it’s organic apples.
- Add cornstarch and cane sugar. Mix well and transfer to a baking dish. Set aside.
- In a food processor, mix the rest of the ingredients. Add the mixture over the fruit and spread well with your hands.
- Bake at 375 F. 35 to 40 minutes or until crumble is golden brown.
- Let stand about twenty minutes. The fruit mixture may look slightly liquid, but it will thicken as it cools.