Servings: 4 to 6
I love to make my pesto with parsley, because in addition to being tasty, it is filled with interesting properties. Rich in vitamins A and C, it is also filled with potassium (800 mg / 100 g), calcium (200 mg / 100 g), magnesium and iron (5.5 mg / 100 g), so many substances essential to our health.
Delicious on warm pastas for dinner, you can put the remaining in the refrigerator and eat it cold as a pasta salad the next day. Just add a drizzle of olive oil or some vegan mayo if you like a creamy pasta salad 🙂
- 1 large handful of fresh parsley
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup of hemp seeds
- The juice and zest of a lemon
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water at room temperature
- 1/2 cup of pitted Kalamata olives
- Salt to taste
- A package of approximately 375 grams of pasta
- Hemp seeds, fresh parsley and sliced olives to add on top
- Cook the pastas as indicated. Drain and set aside.
- In a blender or food processor, combine parsley, spinach, sunflower seeds, hemp seeds, lemon and olive oil. Blend.
- Add water and blend until smooth.
- Add the olives, salt to taste and pulse a few times to leave some olive pieces.
- Mix pesto with pasta and serve garnished with hemp seeds, fresh parsley, sliced olives and a lemon wedge.