Preparation: 5 minutes
I always have some basic ingredients already cooked in the freezer, like brown rice and black beans. I cook a large amount and freeze them in single portions of 1/3 cup. I can then use them for my veggie burger, Buddha bowl or for those delicious express burritos! Plus, these are two very affordable ingredients with great nutritional value.
The lime & pepper sauce is the magic ingredient that gives this simple dish an explosion of flavors. Try it with fries, it’s a perfect match! You could fry the beans, add caramelized onions or fresh corn, but i wanted to keep the recipe quick and simple.
Ingredients for the sauce
- 2 tablespoon vegan mayo
- 1/4 teaspoon ground onions
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- The zest of half a lime
- The juice of half a lime
- 1 tortillas
- 1/3 cup cooked brown rice
- 1/3 cup of black beans
- Red onions
- In a small bowl, mix the ingredients of the sauce. Set aside.
- Assemble the tortillas: Rice, beans, veggies and sauce.
- Roll, cut in half and enjoy 😉
- The sauce is amazing with fries. You have to try it!