This chocolate-flavored nut and chickpea butter is so creamy and delicious. I love to use it as a spread in the morning on a slice of bread or with fruits, as a dessert hummus.
I prefer it slightly sweet for my toast, but when i use it as a dessert dip, i add a few spoons of maple syrup and a little water to make it sweeter and less firm.
Be sure to reduce the nuts to smooth butter before incorporating the remaining ingredients to get that smooth texture.
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of cocoa powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of water (3/4 cup if you want a dip texture)
- Put the nuts on a baking pan and bake for 6 minutes at 350 F. You can also use roasted peanuts and pecans to skip this step.
- In a food processor, reduce the roasted nuts to butter.
- Add remaining ingredients, except water, and blend.
- Stir in the water and blend until smooth.