Preparation time: 5 minutes
Rest time: 1 hour or overnight
This overnight oats is a breakfast that supports well until lunch. In a single portion, you get 12.5 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber.
I find it really convenient to prepare individual portions and have a breakfast ready in the morning. My kids love it and my lover can pick one up for his lunch before leaving to work.
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond drink (or any plant-based milk)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Hemp seeds, pecans & dried raisins for topping
- In an jar, mix all the ingredients.
- Add hemp seeds, some pecans and raisins on top.
- Cover and put in the fridge for a minimum of one hour or overnight.