This recipe is very simple, ready in about ten minutes and can be kept in the freezer.
One sausage contains 5x less fat than the meat sausage from a well-known food chain, as well as 0 mg of cholesterol. In addition, it is 100% cruelty free and provides the same amount of proteins.
I really like to serve the patty in an english muffin with egg-style firm tofu, vegan mayonnaise and a little bit of ketchup! You will find my egg-free tofu recipe under the video.
- 1 block of smoked tofu, cut in pieces
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
- 1 1/2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon powdered mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- A few drops of liquid smoke
- 1/4 cup of quick oats
- Vegetable oil for cooking
- Put all the ingredients, except the oats, in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Add the oats and pulse a few times to incorporate.
- Form 6 patties.
- In a hot skillet, put a splash of vegetable oil and grill the patties for about 2 minutes per side at medium-high heat. Add oil as needed.
- Serve in an english muffin with the toppings of your choice. * Egg-shaped tofu patties recipe under the video!
Egg style tofu patties
- 1 slice of extra firm tofu (about 1/2 inch thick)
- 1/4 of teaspoon black salt (Kala Namak)
- Pepper to taste
- 1 pinch of turmeric
- 1 pinch of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- Mix the spices with the oil.
- Coat the tofu with the mixture and then grill it in a skillet for about 1 minute per side, at medium-low heat.
- Add the rest of the mixture during cooking to enhance the flavors.
Serve with the sausage patty 😉