Simple to make, this pasta dish is loved by all my family. When the kids eat two plates, it’s a good sign 😉
There are several brands of textured vegetable protein on the market. Personally, I often use Red Mill’s or Artisan tradition because it gives me the desired texture. Anyone could easily believe that it is ground beef when it’s well cooked.
- 3 cups of uncooked pasta
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 227 grams of chopped white mushrooms
- 2 1/2 cup mushroom broth
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup of textured vegetable protein (tvp)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 2 tablespoons vegan butter
- Soy sauce
- Cook the pasta as directed.
- In a large pot, put the sesame oil, garlic, onions and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add broth, soy sauce, maple syrup, spices, pepper and textured vegetable protein.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the green peas and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta, pepper to taste, vegan butter and soy sauce to taste.
- Mix well and remove from heat.
- Add green oignons for a little extra 😉