Simple to make, this pasta dish is loved by all my family. When the kids eat two plates, it’s a good sign 😉
There are several brands of textured vegetable protein on the market. Personally, I often use Red Mill’s or Artisan tradition because it gives me the desired texture. Anyone could easily believe that it is ground beef when it’s well cooked.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 227 grams of chopped white mushrooms
- 1 3/4 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried chives
- 1 cup of textured vegetable protein (tvp)
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 3 cups of uncooked pasta
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- Cook the pasta as directed. Set aside.
- In a large pot, put the vegetable oil, garlic, onions and mushrooms and cook for about 5 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Add vegetable broth, 1/4 cup soy sauce, maple syrup, spices and textured vegetable protein.
- Bring to a boil, then simmer on low heat for 8 minutes.
- Add the green peas and continue cooking for 2 minutes.
- Stir in cooked pasta, pepper to taste, sesame oil and 1 tablespoon soy sauce. Mix well and remove from heat.
- Optional: Add sesame seeds and green onions on top.