These muffins are irresistible with a crunchy almonds crumble on the outside and tender pears on the inside. They can also be serve as a breakfast, snack or my favorite, warm with a small scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream for a quick yummy dessert.
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup of quick oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 cup of plant-based milk (I prefer coconut milk for this recipe)
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 pears washed and diced (Keep the peel if the pears are organic, otherwise it is best to remove it.)
- In a food processor, blend the almonds, oats and brown sugar into small pieces.
- Add the vegan butter and pulse a few times. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients, then mix well.
- Stir in the pears.
- In a muffin mold, divide the muffin mix into 10 equal parts.
- Add the crumble on top by lightly pressing it to make sure it sticks well to the mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes at 350 degrees F.