Would you like delicious vegan french toast with caramelized pecans for breakfast? Yes please, every morning! The recipe only includes a few ingredients and is really easy to prepare.
- 6 slices of firm bread (preferably a bread from the day before)
- 1/2 cup of applesauce
- 3 tablespoon plant-based milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoon ground flaxseeds
- Vegan butter for cooking
- 1/2 tablespoon vegan butter (for pecans)
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup (more or less to taste)
- In a deep plate, combine applesauce, plant-based milk, vanilla extract, coconut sugar and ground flaxseeds.
- Dip both sides of a slice of bread into the mixture and remove the excess.
- In a hot skillet, place a small amount of butter and grill your bread over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes per side, without touching it.
- Put aside. In the same skillet, add 1/2 tablespoon of butter and the pecans. Grill for a few minutes over medium-low heat.
- Deglaze with maple syrup, stir and remove from heat.
- Serve the pecans on top of the french toast, covered with a little more maple syrup.