Tomatoes and avocados, two of my favorite ingredients! Add roasted garlic and fresh basil for a tasty bruschetta. Great on bread croutons, it’s also amazing on a pizza dough or pasta, with a drizzle of olive oil.
- 1 garlic bulb
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 diced red tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 15 fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 diced avocado
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cut the top of the garlic bulb and place in a small baking dish.
- Cover with a drizzle of olive oil and bake for 40 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the chopped tomatoes in a colander over a bowl.
- Add salt and mix well. Let rest.
- In a bowl, squeeze the roasted garlic bulb and crush garlic with a fork.
- Add balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, chopped basil and drained tomatoes. Mix well.
- Before serving, add the avocado.