I tried a lot of store bought patties and vegan burger recipes, but this is still my favorite! With the barbecue sauce and the steak spices, this burger will please your omnivorous friends 😉
The patties are even better when prepared in advance, so it’s an ideal recipe for guests or if you are invited to a barbecue.
I love mine with fried onion rings, roasted mushrooms and a slice of chao original vegan cheese!
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 yellow onion, finely chopped
- 227 grams of finely chopped white mushrooms
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup black beans
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds dipped 10 minutes in 1/4 cup of water
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 tablespoon steak spices (more or less to taste)
- Barbecue sauce
- Vegetable Mayonnaise
- Red onions
- Sliced pickles
- Sliced tomatoes
- Lettuce leaves
- In a hot skillet, add a drizzle of vegetable oil, garlic, onions and mushrooms.
- Broil for a few minutes over medium-high heat.
- Transfer to a bowl, add brown rice and black beans and crush roughly with a potato stack. (You could also do that in a food processor)
- Add remaining ingredients and mix well. You will have to get your hands dirty!
- Form 8 compact patties. At this stage, you can refrigerate the patties for cooking later or even the next day. You can also freeze them.
- In a hot skillet, put a tablespoon of vegetable oil and drop the patties. Grill on each side for about 3-4 minutes over medium heat.
- Garnish to your taste!