Servings: 12 balls
Preparation: 5 minutes
Want a fun easy vegan snack? Try these no bake orange and dried cranberries energy balls. I like to vary the toppings and roll them in grated coconut, chopped almonds or lemon zest. My favorite option? Dipped in dark chocolate! I feel like i’m eating a rich orange chocolate, crunchy on the outside and soft in the center. It’s so good!
I could literally eat the whole dish when I make this recipe, so don’t be afraid to double the ingredients 😉
- 1/2 cup of pitted dates
- The juice and zest of a biological orange (to use the zest, it is really better to opt for
- the organic and to wash the orange well)
- 1/2 t. fast cooking oatmeal
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 C. chia seeds
- 1 C. hemp seeds
- Garnishes to taste (dark chocolate, coconut, chopped almonds, citrus zest …)
- In a food processor or blender, put the dates, the orange juice and zest. Pulse until you get a homogeneous mixture (there may be small pieces of dates, but they will blend in with the rest of the ingredients.) If your mixer is not very powerful, soak the dates in boiling water for about ten minutes before adding them to the recipe.
- Stir in the rest of the ingredients and pulse a few times to chop the ingredients without reducing them in a smooth puree.
- Form 12 small balls of about 1 tablespoon and roll them in the toppings of your choice or dip in melted dark chocolate. Enjoy!